header

header

4.24.2008

Bring Your Child to Work Day

My husband participated in "bring your child to work" day today and as I quiz my 9 year old, it sounds like it was one big party! I'm sure that wasn't the intent when the schools came up with this idea. All I can say, is that now my son thinks that work involves having coffee, visiting all the other people that work there, going to lunch, shopping for a tie, and decorating cupcakes! Sounds like glorified skip day to me.

He should have stayed here with me as I cleaned the house. Oh, come to think of it I did have a kid at work with me today. Actually, that happens everyday and I still managed to vaccuum, clean the bathroom, dust, pick up the bedrooms, make the beds, put away the laundry, do the dishes, and make 2 meals (so far). I think I'd rather go to work from the sounds of things! :)

1 comment:

  1. At my husband's company, they have a staff to plan the event, give out free stuff and food, plan an activity and then send the kids home. I'm not even sure the parent needs to be present! Is this exercise supposed to con our kids into thinking their jobs as adults will be all fun with free stuff?! We didn't participate this year but you're right! - we moms take our kids to work every day with no staff to plan activities and we're expected to get all our work done! I think the kids should shadow their parent for a whole week and see the hard work it takes to have a decent job that supports their family. I'm getting off my soapbox now...Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

How to Avoid Stress At Work