header

header

9.01.2010

Why Don't You...Root Your Basil?

Okay, I'm back on the blogging wagon now that the kids are back in school. I have a new feature called "Why Don't You..." Wednesdays with cool little tips and ideas for the week. Here goes!

Let's root our own little basil plant for our Windowsill Chalkboard Pots?

Just take a snip of your garden Basil (or your neighbor's Basil, shhh!) and place it in water. In about 2 weeks it will have a nice root system and you can plant it for fresh winter herbs! Yahoo!



Want a whole window herb garden? Oregano, lavender, rosemary, thyme and sage can all be rooted using the same method!
.

15 comments:

  1. Mint as well! Thanks for the tip :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea, who would have thought? Oh yes green thumb people, which I am not but sounds easy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I likey! Great feature idea and great basil idea. I just bought basil and forgot to water it. A green thumb I do not have.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had no idea you could do this - my herb pots are so sad looking, and I was going to buy more and try again. maybe there is hope for my little herb pots...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had no idea! That is great to know.... heading out to neighbors garden now...

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is great:) i love the sun that comes in that window

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's awesome! I always stick my green onions in water (the ends after I have used the greens) and watch the green regrow and regrow and regrow....it's crazy! I'm gonna try your basil thing, so I can have 2 plants instead of one:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, cool tip! Thanks for sharing, Jennifer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. lolol neighbor's yard... hahaha... that's pretty nifty didn't realize basil would be easy to root =o

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just did that this summer! My basil still didn't really want to grow, but that might have had something to do with my erratic watering schedule.
    I love fresh herbs so I'll keep at it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm going to try this. I'd love to have fresh basil to cook with this winter. I hope I can make it work. I'm not very good with plants.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so glad I have such a smart friend! Great tip!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

How to Avoid Stress At Work