header

header

9.29.2014

Curtain Panels!


After an exhaustive search for some new curtain panels that would coordinate with my new furniture, I had almost given up on new curtains for my family room. Everything was either too expensive, too fancy, not the right color, too short, blah, blah, blah...



Suddenly, I saw these 96 inch panels from Hobby Lobby - of all places!  I decided to give them a try. I mean, what is there to lose? These panels were only $32 ... wait I just noticed that they are now $16.99.  Let me get pissed about that for a minute...

I'm not even being paid for this, but I just had to pass along this bargain!  I really love the pattern and color but I have to admit I was skeptical when I opened the box.  They are really scratchy feeling and smelled terrible when I pulled them out!  I stuck them in the washer quick-cycle and let them air dry.  They are still pretty scratchy, but I can't remember the last time I cuddled up to my curtains so I have decided to let it pass.

I hung them using the clips that slide onto the rod because I didn't like the way they were hanging when directly on the rod.  I could manipulate the pleats more easily to get them to fall more gracefully.

Any other good options for curtains you want to share?

6 comments:

  1. Nice Find! I had the hardest time finding 96 inch curtains without breaking the bank! I had to lug out the sewing machine and make them or I would have gone broke!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great deal and they are perfect for your room! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look great (I so need a Hobby Lobby by me)! I've purchased panels from Ikea. They are inexpensive and come super long. They are packaged with hemming tape, so you can make them the length you need. I've just sewn them my desired length.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

How to Avoid Stress At Work